To enroll in a BP Medical Program option, contact the BP HR & Benefits Center. There are two ways to access the BP HR & Benefits Center:
|The BP HR & Benefits Center online:
- Enroll in BP health and protection benefits.
- Change or reset your BP HR & Benefits Center password.
- View your coverage details.
- Find out which network providers are located near your home or work.
- Review and/or request a change in your current coverage.
- Change most dependent information, including name, birth date and relationship.
|Through the BP HR & Benefits Center:
You can speak to a Participant Services Representative (available Monday – Friday, 7:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M., Central time) to:
- Within the U.S.: 1-800-890-4100
- Outside the U.S.: +1-847-883-0469
- Get answers to your questions about BP's benefits.
- Change all dependent information, including Social Security number or Medicare-eligibility status.
- Make changes to your current coverage based on qualifying status changes or relocation.
When you enroll, you can elect coverage for yourself and your eligible dependents. Your coverage choices are:
- You only.
- You + spouse/domestic partner.
- You + child(ren).
- You + family.
If you elect anything other than "You only" coverage, only those eligible dependents you enroll are covered. Be sure to review your dependents carefully to be sure all the eligible dependents you want to cover are included and that each of the dependents you enroll meets the requirements for dependent eligibility. If you have questions about the eligibility of your dependent(s), contact the BP HR & Benefits Center.
You can enroll:
- When you first become eligible. If you do not enroll within 30 days of your initial eligibility (generally your date of hire or the date you change or transfer into an eligible position), you will not have coverage until you enroll during a future enrollment opportunity (i.e., annual enrollment or a qualifying status change). You must submit appropriate documentation if you are electing coverage for a dependent.
- During annual enrollment. The choices you make during each annual enrollment period — generally held each February — are effective for the next plan year (i.e., April 1 to March 31). You must submit appropriate documentation if you are adding coverage for a dependent.
- If you have a qualifying status change. If you experience a qualifying event, such as marriage or the birth of a child, you may make changes to your benefits that are consistent with the event. You are not allowed to change your reimbursement option (Debit Card vs. Streamline) under the Health Care Spending Account. Note: You cannot use the HCSA Debit Card outside the U.S. You must make changes within 30 days of the qualifying status change. If you do not enroll within 30 days of a qualifying event, you may not enroll again until the next annual enrollment. For more information on qualifying status changes, review the "Life Events" tab on the LifeBenefits website or contact the BP HR & Benefits Center. You must submit appropriate documentation if you are adding coverage for a dependent.
If you are enrolling during a 30-day enrollment window, once you have confirmed your elections, you may not change your elections during the remainder of the plan year unless you have a subsequent qualifying status change. This restriction applies even if you are still within the 30-day election period.
For the rules related to enrolling in the HealthPlus and Health+Savings Options, refer to the BP Wellness Program detailed elsewhere in the SPD.
All coverage under the Medical Program is based on the truthfulness of statements made by you and your dependents. Coverage may be terminated, including retroactively, if such statements are found to be false, and intentional falsehoods will be considered a violation of the BP Code of Conduct, subjecting you to disciplinary actions, up to and including termination of employment.
Publication date: April 2014